Monday, December 10, 2007
MGL Avionics - Affordable Aircraft Instruments
iEFIS is the next generation EFIS system utilizing a custom developed, pressure sensitive, sunlight readable touch screen that can also be operated using gloves.
iEFIS combines the undeniable advantages of simplified operation that a touch screen can offer with rich traditional controls which are equaly indispensible in the cockpit environment. The pressure sensitive touch screen operates much like a tactile button does preventing false activation when touching the screen during turbulent conditions.
Stratomaster Instrumentation MGL Avionics
5 Fuchsia Street, Heldervue, Somerset West, 7130 Cape Town South Africa.
Wednesday, December 5, 2007
Grantronics - Microcontroller Electronics
- A complete Electronics Design service.
- Some simple projects using the Atmel 89C2051
- Christmas Star project Nov-98 issue SCM.
- Heart project was published in the May-99 issue of SCM
- Christmas Tree project was published in the Nov-99 issue SCM
GMC75X Credit Card Microcontroller
Ideal for those small jobs where a standard embedded controller can't be justified. The GMC75X is like a "BASIC Stamp" except that you can program the module in 'C' using C-FLEA and a download cable. Alternatively, use 8051 assembler.
"In the early 1980's, products were designed using the Zilog Z80 micro-processor. These ranged from a simple sequence controller to one of the world's first all digital DC motor controllers. Single and 3-phase 240Vac and 415Vac fully regenerative models were developed. Some are still running today! A common application area was paper and film conversion machinery."
Grantronics Pty Ltd,
PO Box 275, Wentworthville. NSW. 2145. Australia.
Monday, December 3, 2007
Amplimo - Toroidal Transformers
Sstandard range have a 230V primary and two equal secondary windings. These windings can be used individually or can be used in series or in parallel.
Standard range transformers are also available with 2x 115V primary to be used in series or in parallel.
Toroidal-Transformer.com - Here you can order Toroidal Transformers.
Industrieweg 14, NL7161BX, NEEDE, The Netherlands.
Sunday, December 2, 2007
The cleverscope CS328A is a USB 2.0 connected mixed signal PC oscilloscope which brings benefits to the user that are unavailable from traditional stand-alone oscilloscopes .
- 100 MHz bandwidth
- USB 2.0 interface
- 2 by 10 bit, 12 bit or 14 bit analog channels
- 8 digital inputs - 100 MSa/s
- huge 4MSamples storage per channel - or upgrade to 8MSample
- simple "copy and paste" into word, excel etc
cleverscope has complex triggering capability. Find a glitch, runt or a slow rise time problem by setting the dual triggers appropriately. Can your present scope trigger on a negative runt occurring in 0.1% of pulses?
Saturday, December 1, 2007
"Adafruit Industries is a small company that sells kits and parts for original, open source hardware electronics projects featured on ladyada.net as well as other cool open source tronix that I think are interesting and well-made.
All the projects are redesigned specifically to make it easy for beginners to make: nicely silkscreened circuit boards, through-hole parts whenever possible, extra large solder pads, etc. For some kits, you can purchase just the circuit board. To save paper, the easy-to-follow-with-lotsa-pictures instructions are all available online, at ladyada.net-make."
- Designed to plug into a breadboard for easy prototyping
- Petite size, only 3" x 0.8" (75mm x 20mm)
- All 'standard' pins are brought out - Digital 0 thru 13, Analog 0 thru 5, ARef, 5V, Ground, Vin and Reset
- Chip comes preprogrammed with a "no-wait" Arduino bootloader
- 2 LEDs, green power and red "pin 13" just like the Arduino Diecimila
- Available as a low cost kit with standard parts, so its never out of stock
- All through-hole parts are easy to solder